Got Tax Forms?

It’s tax form filing time again! Federal and state laws require every PTA to file the following tax forms annually:

  • IRS Form 990 (990, 990EZ or 990N)
  • California State Franchise Tax Board Form 199 (199 or 199N)
  • Registry of Charitable Trusts RRF-1

These filings and forms are due four and one half months after the end of the fiscal year or on November 15, if your fiscal year ends June 30. Check your bylaws for your specific fiscal year.

California State PTA and Highlands Council are here to help you!
Our Tax Filing Support Center is available exclusively to PTA leaders. We can help you with what to file and how to file your tax information. If you have tax questions, we have answers.

Have you received correspondence from a governmental agency? Immediately notify the state PTA office. Complete the online form or call toll free at 1 (888) 564-6782. Then contact Tenth District PTSA at, or call (213) 745-7190. Forward copies of the correspondence to  the State PTA and the Tenth District PTSA.

Learn more about important reports that your PTA must file.